Whether you are searching for a fun outing, picture perfect opportunities, starting a family tradition or trying to find a non-profit organization to support…Pumpkins with a mission…You will find an all inclusive list for the DFW area to meet any or all of those needs!
The Dallas Arboretum celebrates Autumn at the Arboretum from September 22 through November 21. Also featured, the internationally acclaimed artist Dale Chihuly Exhibition through November 5.
- Internationally acclaimed Chihuly Exhibition
- Tom Thumb Pumpkin Patch
- Small House of Great Artists exhibit
- The Great Pumpkin Search scavenger hunt (click here to print)
- Hay Bale Maze in Pecan Grove
- Pumpkin Village displaying four houses decorated with pumpkins, gourds and squash in the theme of Cinderella’s Ballroom, Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother’s tiny house, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Dr. Pompo’s Nose.
Sponsored by Kane Russell Coleman & Logan, Trammel Crow Company & BDO
When: Sep 22-Nov 21, 2012, 9 am- 5 pm Where: 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, TX 75218
Of course, we are advertising for the arboretum again, because we just love this place.
Free admission. It’s free to come out and pose with the pumpkins for a photo. This farm has a “real” cornfield maze!!!
- Hayrides (5pm, Fri-Sun only) ($2)
- Corn maze ($5)
- Child-sized hay bale maze
- Farm animals
When: Sep 28 – Oct 31, Mon-Thurs 3-8pm, Fri 3-10pm, Sat 10am-8pm, Sun 1-8pm Daily through October 31, 2012 Where: 3420 Hall Johnson Road, Grapevine Texas. 817-991-1052. It’s located on the Northeast corner of Hall Johnson and Pool Road – just minutes away from DFW Airport.
* No professional photography sessions
Not only a fun filled pumpkin patch but all profits go to charity. Free admission and parking with pumpkins to buy ranging $1 to $30.
- Petting Zoo (Free)
- Hay Ride (Free)
- Pony Rides ($3)
- Ferris Wheel ($3)
- Carousel Swing ($3)
- Barrel Train ($3)
- Bounce Houses (Free)
- Punkin Chunkin (2 shots for $1)
- Hay Pyramid (Free)
- 10. Fall Decorations
- 11. Picnic area available
When: October 1 – 31, 2012, 9a.m. – Dark Where: 4908 Cross Timbers, Flower Mound, Texas 75028. 214-498-8300
Hundreds of pumpkins (already gathered) to choose from, a wide variety of gourds, cornstalks, hay bales, baked goods, refreshments, and picnic tables! Free admission, parking costs $5, however all activities are free and purchases are optional. All profits go to charity. In addition, you can bring canned goods to donate. Donations go to the CCA Food Bank serving needy families in the community.
- Face painting
- Hay bale maze
- Barrel train
- Pumpkin bounce house
- Playground equipment, including a merry-go-round
- Bounce houses, slides and other inflatable fun
When: Oct. 1-Oct. 31, 9am – 7pm Where: Double Oak Ranch, 5100 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028, 817-430-4536
5. Gnismer Farms , Arlington
Another farm where you can pick your own pumpkin. $?
- Corn stocks
- Wagon rides
- Scarecrow building contest
- Special evening picking events during pumpkin season
When: Fall garden has produce October, November and December. Pumpkin patch opens October 13, 2012. Wed- Fri 3pm-6pm, Sat-Sun noon-6pm. Where: 3010 South Bowen Road in Arlington.
6. Pumpkin Patch at First Christian Church, Arlington
3rd Annual Pumpkin Patch profits supporting youth mission trips. Free admission.
- 5,000 different pumpkins and gourds
- Story time reading corner
- Decorating station
When: October 7-31, 2012 Fri-Sun 11am to dusk.
Where: 910 S. Collins, Arlington, Texas, 1.5 miles South of Cowboys Stadium
This is a wonderful non-profit organization which opens its barn doors and hearts to rescue animals as well as ambassadors for outreach programs for foster children and at risk youth. Pumpkin patch started Sept. 25, 2012. Check out their corn cannons and pumpkin chunkers. Admission is $5 but under 12months is free. Pumpkins range $.50-$.65
- Giant maze
- Train rides
- Bounce house
- Petting zoo
- Great pumpkin
- Pony rides
When: Tue/Thurs 9:30am -2pm, Fri-Sat 9:30am- 9pm, Sun 11am-6pm.
Where: 12600 FM 2932, Forney, TX 75126. 469-834-2857
* Want the pumpkins to come to you or your school/business? Mobile pumpkin patches are available too.
8. Pumpkins on the Prairie, Frisco
This pumpkin patch (already gathered) offers many fun activities: h! Family movie nights are also offered on selected Fridays. Free admission, parking and games.
- Hay maze
- Hay rides
- Bounce house
- Games in their kids’ patch
- Weekend included activities: pumpkin launching & face painting
When: Sep 30- Oct 31, 9am-8pm (5pm on Oct 31st) Where: Grace Avenue UMC, 3521 Main St. Frisco, TX
9. St. John the Apostle , Arlington
13th annual Pumpkin Patch. Proceeds go to support their youth summer mission trips.
When: October 1-31, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: 5450 Mansfield Rd, Arlington, TX 76017. 817-468-8484
10. Country Critters Farm, Mansfield
Pumpkins (already gathered), Petting zoo, Pony rides, Western train and more! Activities and 1 pumpkin are included in the admission of $9 (under 2 yrs is free).
- Bounce house
- Petting zoo (weekends only)
- Train ride
- Hay ride
- Wooden maze
- Story teller
- Pony ride
When: Sep 29-Nov 11, Sat 10-5pm, Sun 1-5pm, Weekdays by reservation only.
11. Rockwall Pumpkin Patch, Rockwall
All-volunteer fundraiser pumpkin patch in the city of Rockwall. Supporting a lakeside community of Lake Ray Hubbard.
- 125,000 pumpkins
- Opportunity to carve and decorate a pumpkin
When: October, Daily 9am-7pm
Additional Saturday activities
- Storytime in the theatre near Oscar the Scarecrow
- Special entertainment
- Face painting
12. Blase Family Farm, Rockwall
Come support this family’s farm 1st annual pumpkin patch. They are very excited! Admission is $7 ( under 1 is free ).
- Petting farm
- Picnic Area
- Play Area
- Farm train rides (weekend for an additional charge)
When: Oct 1-30 2012, M-F 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 12-6pm
Where: 1232 East Fork Drive (formally N.Alamo) Rockwall, Tx 75087, 972-772-3645
Keep this place in mind when you want to cut your own Christmas tree down for the family! If you don’t visit for the pumpkin patch, a great place to visit for Christmas with other events such as mazes, tours, crafts, arts, hot apple cider, wreaths, farm zoo and an overall country atmosphere.
- Dress the scarecrow
- Farm zoo
When: October, Weekends: Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 1-5pm
Where: Elves Christmas Tree Farm, 601 Harvey Ln., Denison, Tx, 75020, 903-463-7260
This is one fun family-owned Pumpkin Farm with thousands of pumpkins. (No shortage here!) New this year is a hay maze that’s about an acre. That’s big and it’s going to be big fun for everyone. Admission is $8. Pumpkins range $3-$15 with some gigantic pumpkins for $75. Enjoy a free pie pumpkin on weekdays and a free hot dog on weekends.
- Petty farm
- Lots of great photo options
- Spider hay bale
- Roping pen
- Hay stacks
- Farm Train available (additional cost on the weekends)
- Pick your own pumpkin from the pumpkin farm patch!!!
When: September 17 – November 6, 2012. Hours are M-F: 9-6, Sat: 10-6, Sun: 12-6 Where: 5518 County Rd #126, Celina, TX 75009. 972-382-4995.