Whether you are searching for a fun outing, picture perfect opportunities, starting a family tradition or trying to find a non-profit organization to support…Pumpkins with a mission…You will find an all inclusive list for the DFW area to meet any or all of those needs!
It is the great Cinderella’s great pumpkin festival and Fairy Tale World theme at the arboretum this Fall. Four houses based on the classic fairytale: Cinderella’s ballroom, Fairy Godmother’s home, Cinderella and her ugly stepsisters rooms. The village is under a canopy of Pecan Trees. Dreamy!!! admission prices on website
- Cinderella’s enchanted carriage
- 66-acre garden
- Over 40,000 pumpkins and gourds
- Hay bale maze
- 50,000 colorful fall plants and flowers
- Great pumpkin search with printed handouts for a scavenger hunt to find and learn about all the different pumpkins and gourds
- Also a scavenger hunt for the fairy tale castels
When: Sept17-Nov 23, 2011, 9 am- 5 pm Where: 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, TX 75218
Free admission. It’s free to come out and pose with the pumpkins for a photo. This farm has a “real” cornfield maze!!!
- Hayrides (5pm, Fri-Sun only) ($2)
- Corn maze ($5)
- Child-sized hay bale maze
- Farm animals
When: Now- Oct 31, Mon-Thurs 3-8pm, Fri 3-10pm, Sat 1-8pm, Sun 1-8pm Daily through October 31, 2011 Where: 3420 Hall Johnson Road, Grapevine Texas. 817-991-1052. It’s located on the Northeast corner of Hall Johnson and Pool Road – just minutes away from DFW Airport.
* No professional photography sessions
Family owned pumpkin patch and market (previously sheep barn, 1953)
- Pumpkin patch
- Hayrides daily from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
- Bring a picnic lunch
- Take pictures with your favorite nursery rhyme character
- Shop for Halloween novelties
- Enjoy fall treats: apple butter bread, pumpkin nut bread or hot spiced apple cider
When: October 1 – 31, 2010, Open daily 9-6pm, $7 per person Where: Katie’s Country Market , located at 736 Rock Hill Rd., 1 mile southwest of downtown Aubrey
This seems to be amongst the most popular for October 2011. We haven’t been yet but it seems a majority of our friends have visited it. Admission is $7 and that includes a hay ride, feed for animals, and a small or mid-size pumpkin. Pumpkins range $3-$15 with some gigantic pumpkins for $75.
- Petty farm
- Scale a goat bridge
- Spider hay bale
- Roping pen
- Hay stacks
- Pick your own pumpkin from the pumpkin farm patch!!!
When: September 19 – November 6, 2011. Hours are M-F: 9-6, Sat: 10-6, Sun: 12-6 Where: 5518 County Rd #126, Celina, TX 75009. 972-382-4995.
Not only a fun filled pumpkin patch but all profits go to charity. Free admission and parking with pumpkins to buy ranging .50 to $20.
- Petting Zoo (Free)
- Hay Ride (Free)
- Pony Rides ($3)
- Ferris Wheel ($3)
- Carousel Swing ($3)
- Barrel Train ($3)
- Bounce Houses (Free)
- Punkin Chunkin (2 shots for $1)
- Hay Pyramid (Free)
- Refreshments ($3-6)
- Fall Decorations
- Picnic area available
When: October 1 – 31, 2011, 9a.m. – Dark Where: 4908 Cross Timbers, Flower Mound, Texas 75028. 214-498-8300
Hundreds of pumpkins (already gathered) to choose from, a wide variety of gourds, cornstalks, hay bales, baked goods, refreshments, and picnic tables! Free admission, all free activities and purchases are optional. All profits go to charity. In addition, you can bring canned goods to donate. Donations go to the CCA Food Bank serving needy families in the community.
- Face painting
- Hay bale maze
- Barrel train
- Pumpkin bounce house
- Playground equipment, including a merry-go-round
- Bounce houses, slides and other inflatable fun
When: Oct. 1-Oct. 31, 9am – 7pm Where: Double Oak Ranch, 5100 Cross Timbers Rd, Flower Mound, TX 75028, 817-430-4536
7. Gnismer Farms , Arlington
Another farm where you can pick your own pumpkin. $?
- Corn stocks
- Wagon rides
- Scarecrow building contest
- Special evening picking events during pumpkin season
When: Fall garden has produce October, November and December. Pumpkin patch opens October 1, 2011. October, Wed, Fri-Sun 1pm to 6pm hours are 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Where: 3010 South Bowen Road in Arlington.
8. Pumpkin Patch at First Christian Church, Arlington
2nd Annual Pumpkin Patch profits supporting youth mission trips. Free admission.
- 5,000 different pumpkins and gourds
- Story time reading corner
- Decorating station
When: October 3-31, 2011 Fri-Sun noon to dusk, Sat 10am to dusk
Where: 910 S. Collins, Arlington, Texas, 1.5 miles South of Cowboys Stadium
This is a wonderful non-profit organization which opens its barn doors and hearts to rescue animals as well as ambassadors for outreach programs for foster children and at risk youth. Pumpkin patch started Sept. 25, 2011. Check out their corn cannons and pumpkin chunkers. Admission is $5 but under 12months is free. Pumpkins range $1-$20 with a $3 pumpkin credit for paid admission.
- Train rides
- Giant maze
- Bounce house
- Petting zoo
- Great pumpkin
- Pony rides
When: Tue/Wed 9:30am -2pm, Thurs-Sat 9:30am- 6pm, Sat 11am-6pm, Sun 12-5pm
Where: 12600 FM 2932, Forney, TX 75126. 469-834-2857
* Want the pumpkins to come to you or your school/business? Mobile pumpkin patches are available too.
10. Pumpkins on the Prairie, Frisco
This pumpkin patch (already gathered) offers many fun activities: h! Family movie nights are also offered on selected Fridays. Free admission, parking and games.
- Hay maze
- Hay rides
- Bounce house
- Themed tattoos
- Games in their kids’ patch
- Weekend included activities: pumpkin launching & face painting
When: Oct 1- Oct 30, 9am-8pm (5pm on Oct 30th) Where: Grace Avenue UMC, 3521 Main St. Frisco, TX
11. St. John the Apostle , Arlington
13th annual Pumpkin Patch. Proceeds go to support their youth summer mission trips.
When: October 2-31, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: 5450 Mansfield Rd, Arlington, TX 76017. 817-468-8484
12. Country Critters Farm, Mansfield
Pumpkins (already gathered), Petting zoo, Pony rides, Western train and more! Activities and 1 pumpkin are included in the admission of $9 (under 2 yrs is free).
- Bounce house
- Petting zoo (weekends only)
- Train ride
- Hay ride
- Wooden maze
- Story teller
- Pony ride
When: October, Sat 10-5pm, Sun 1-5pm, Weekdays by reservation only
13. Rockwall Pumpkin Patch, Rockwall
All-volunteer fundraiser pumpkin patch in the city of Rockwall. Supporting a lakeside community of Lake Ray Hubbard.
- 125,000 pumpkins
- Opportunity to carve and decorate a pumpkin
When: October, Daily 9am-7pm
Additional Saturday activities
- Storytime in the theatre near Oscar the Scarecrow
- Special entertainment
- Face painting
14. Blase Family Farm, Rockwall
Come support this family’s farm 1st annual pumpkin patch. They are very excited!! Admission is $7 (under 2 is free) and includes pumpkin, feed for the animals, and a hayride
- Petting farm
- Picnic Area
- Play Area
- Farm train rides (weekend for an additional charge)
When: Oct 14-30 2011, M-F 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 12-6pm
Where: 1232 East Fork Drive (formally N.Alamo) Rockwall, Tx 75087, 972-772-3645
Keep this place in mind when you want to cut your own Christmas tree down for the family! If you don’t visit for the pumpkin patch, a great place to visit for Christmas with other events such as mazes, tours, crafts, arts, hot apple cider, wreaths, farm zoo and an overall country atmosphere.
- Dress the scarecrow
- Farm zoo
When: October, Weekends: Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 1-5pm
Where: Elves Christmas Tree Farm, 601 Harvey Ln., Denison, Tx, 75020, 903-463-7260