What are your Valentine’s Day plans? We love romantic dinners and nice evenings out on the town, but what about doing something a little more adventurous and different this Valentine’s? Life is an adventure, and a quote we love is, “I don’t want you to give me the world, I want you to share it with me.”
That being said, get out of the box of chocolate for Valentine’s Day and be a true cupid with these memorable dates listed with these ten memory worth dates:
1) Get Locked in a Room with a Zombie: $28 per person, various times. Scare the love out of your loved one by taking them on this electrifying adventure.
2) Keller’s Drive-In: Northwest Hwy and Abrams Rd, Dallas, Tx. Keller’s is a landmark and point of interest in Dallas. It is an old school drive-in restaurant where classic car enthusiastic and Harley-Davison riders gather together. Slide in a 50’s CD, and take your significant other to enjoy a true throwback in time. Possibly enjoy some of Dallas’ finer seedy characters while drinking a beer, old school classic milkshake, or Shirley Temple delivered right to your car. The burgers are good; the dive is authentic; go for the adventure; check off a Dallas landmark; and have the perfect valentine outing.Don’t forget cash since that is all they take. Also, this adventure could be considered family-friendly as well.
3) Italian gondola in Irving: Rates vary depending on which cruise you choose from the classic to dessert or breakfast to gourmet dinner cruise and more. The gondolas also pick up and drop off from some of the surrounding hotels and restaurants. Check the website for locations and availability. My husband and I did a classic cruise just after finding out the surprise of our pregnancy with twins. In the future, we would like to stay in a nearby hotel, be picked up by the gondola and have either a breakfast or appetizer cruise. Lots of LOVEly options!
4) Sail with Scott: $25 per person, Times & days vary. What is more romantic than sunsets and water? Enjoy sailing on Lake Ray Hubbard at sunset on either a catamaran or air conditioned power boat. Some cruises are even family-friendly.
5) Trinity Forest Aerial Adventure Park: $44.95 per person, weekends only. This is a self guided aerial adventure park with safety in mind. You are attached at all times to safety lines as you navigate the parks six courses that include cargo nets, bridges, climbing features, balance beams and other features that allow a participant to travel from one part of the course to another. This is an adventure seeker’s dream date!
6) Colorfest: This fest takes place April 11, Myers Park/event center, 7117 County Rd 166, McKinney, but you could give a colorful Valentine’s Day card with details for your fun date planned. Day and night glowing color 5K run with an after party of “mass colors and high voltage dance music.” Noted as an EPIC night and often seen on popular reality shows and bucket lists. Use the code “VALENTINE” to get $5 off, but hurry before the deal ends. Registration is $25 until Sunday 2/8/15.
7) Love Boat Race on Lake Ray Hubbard: Free, 1:00PM Valentine’s Day, dinner requires reservations. Watch (or participate) a race of Dinghies, Scows and Keelboats from the Rush Creek Yatch Club. Then return that evening for a romantic Captains Dinner ($16.95) with entertainment and specialty drinks.
8) All You Need is Art: $75+, 6:30PM Valentine’s Day. Love is in the air at the Dallas Museum of Art as you dine and enjoy a special exhibit. The four course meal can be paired with a wine pairing and features a menu to impress any foodie. This pairing of food & art will surely make your Valentine’s day one to remember.
9) Be Cupid and Shoot an Arrow: $20 per person, open various days & hours, multiple locations. Enjoy a very casual learning experience as you learn how to shoot a bow and arrow. Then hit the range for as long as you want. This unusual date is sure to have you and your loved one talking for days about posture, bullseyes and which one of you would make a better cupid
10) Rent a Dream Car: Pricing varies. Indulge on the wild side and rent your partner’s dream car for the day and enjoy driving around Dallas or take a day trip around the city. Live in the lap of luxury with an exotic car rental or channel your inner stingray and rent a Vette.
What has been your most memorable Valentine’s Day? If you attend any of these events, we’d love to hear from you afterwards to help us modify our own personal list and lists for our readers.
3 thoughts on “Get out of the Box of Chocolates for Valentine’s Day”
Love these!! Such great ideas!