I think as parents, we always look forward to and enjoy the “typical” milestones such as sitting up, walking, and the first day of school. However, there are so many other milestones that we sometimes forget to focus on and take in. I experienced one of these moments with my son the other day. He walked off our blanket onto wet, fresh, soft, and really green morning grass, barefoot.
You know, the type of grass that you could just melt away in and makes you just have a moment of peace and happiness? It was this type of grass. It’s also the type of grass that tickles your feet catching you by surprise. You can see by the pictures that my son felt this as he quickly came back onto the blanket after stepping onto the grass. It was so nice just watching him experience walking barefoot on this type of grass for the first time. We then both walked on the grass, enjoying this moment together!
What a great moment of pleasure and thankfulness: Such a beautiful day shared with my son. It is moments like this that give me the opportunity to really stop and appreciate God’s creation and gifts. We had such a fun morning walking barefoot on grass. So simple and yet so joyous! Thank you God for my son and our beautiful moment of walking barefoot on the grass, for enjoying our day created by You. Thank you for creating this world!
Genesis 1:1-19 “God created the sky and the earth.”
What a great and easy verse to teach your children and live day by day with:
* When your children look at the moon with fascination, gives thanks to God for the moon.
* When they play in the cool water during summer, give thanks to God for water.
* When the snow falls in winter, give thanks to God for color.
* When the leaves change colors and fall in Autumn, give thanks to God for trees and seasons.
* When they look smell and touch the colorful flowers this Spring, give thanks to God for all the flowers.
* When they walk barefoot on grass, give thanks to God for the gift of touch, beautiful feet and grass.
* When you have a moment enjoyed with your child, give thanks for life!
What can you specifically give thanks for today?